Pages

.

Chickpea Salad Wraps -


We all know of my love for chicken salad.  When I saw this vegetarian version I added it to the menu immediately.  This is more like tuna salad consistency though. In fact, I saw it posted by another blogger who called it the Un-Tuna salad sandwich, Veronica called them Mock Tuna salad.  I compare it to chicken salad only because I love chicken salad so much! 

My daughter ate this on a whole wheat tortilla while I loved it with gluten free crackers.  I loved it but enjoyed it better after it had been in the refrigerator for awhile to firm up.


Chickpea Salad Wraps
Adapted from Veronica's Cornucopia

1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup mayo
3 tbsp. sweet relish (or dill relish)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Place everything in a food processor.  Pulse until it is the texture you desire.  I wanted mine with some chunks.  Serve with whole wheat tortillas, bread or crackers.  Refrigerate to firm it up a bit.

One Year Ago...




Buffalo Chickpea Patties

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Made from Scratch at Living with Food Allergies and Celiac
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?
Made for you Monday at Skip to My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment