Pages

.

Muddy Buddy Ritz Peanut Butter Trifles


Woohoo!  The summer party picnics have started!  We had the first congregation party this year.  We met at a park for a fish fry.  I'm not really a fish person but the truth is, I haven't really eaten it since I was a kid.  I tried it and after I got over the fact that I was actually eating fish; I loved it.  Bad news was it was cold and rainy but hanging out with friends made it totally worth freezing our fingers off. 

Of course I had to bring something and I've learned that finger food goes over really well. Chocolate finger food, even better.  I found these Muddy Buddies on Lisa's blog right before the party and I knew they would be perfect.  I made two batches of these and everyone loved them!  I'm not sure if I would recommend them on a hot sunny day picnic but since it was super chili, they stayed perfect.  They tasted just like Reeses peanut butter cups. 

I totally forgot to take pictures before we left for the picnic so I snapped a quick one at the picnic. As you can see, just minutes after putting them down, a couple disappeared. I had twice this many and could have made more. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muddy Buddy Ritz Peanut Butter Trifle Recipe
Adapted from Sweet as Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 c. Ritz cracker crumbs
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. peanut butter
powdered sugar (to coat)

In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, ritz cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and chill in the fridge for 30-60 min.

Put some powdered sugar into a bowl. Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter in the microwave or a double boiler. Stir together to combine. Dip the balls in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture and drop them in the powdered sugar to coat (it's easiest if you just sort of shake the bowl to move the truffle around). Put the truffle in your hand and shake off the excess sugar. Let sit on some waxed paper to let the chocolate set.

One Year Ago...











Summer Squash, Zucchini, Pea Risotto

These are linked with:
Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Ultimate Recipe Swap: Party Food at Life as Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment