Pages

.

Butternut Squash Gratin


I think that this was supposed to be a side dish.  I made this when my husband was working and I ended up just eating this as a main dish.  It was completely delicious and filling.

My only complaint was that that I wish I had made more and had leftovers. 




Butternut Squash Gratin
Adapted from As Good As Gluten

4 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced into small chunks
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup apple, finely chopped
1 egg
1 egg white
3 tbsp. mayo
1/3 cup breadcrumbs, I used gluten free
4 oz. cheese, I used sharp cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste

Grease an 8 in. baking dish with cooking dish. Place diced butternut squash into a microwave safe bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water. Cover and steam on high for 3 - 5 minutes.

Heat a pan with cooking spray and add onions and apple, stir until softened, about 4 minutes.  In another bowl, beat egg, egg white, salt, pepper and mayo together.  Add 1/2 of the cheese, breadcrumbs, onion, apple and squash. Spoon into the prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350 until cheese is melted and slightly browned.  Serve hot. 

One Year Ago...










Honey Lime Enchiladas

This is linked with:
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at 21st Century Housewife
Tasty Tuesday at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.




No comments:

Post a Comment