Pages

.

Green Chile Chicken Soup - 17 Day Diet - Day 8





This is one of my favorite soups!  The flavors are incredible and it's nice and spicy. I posted this before awhile back but I have made some changes since then.  I add more tomatoes now and I love it!

It is pretty spicy so feel free to reduce the rotel to 1 can rather than 1 cans. 



Day 8 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

Egg whites with salsa
Blueberries and strawberries
Yogurt
Chicken breast with buffalo sauce
Yogurt
Apple
Green Beans
3 tbsp. peanut butter

I made the mistake of not eating enough dinner before I went to my exercise class this day.  I ended up just eating an apple and green beans for dinner. My stomach felt weird and I was running late.  Well, it turned out to be more of a workout than usual as we had a different instructor.  While I loved the workout, I came home HUNGRY.  Like I wanted to eat the whole house hungry.  I usually keep chicken in the refrigerator and found that there was just a tiny bit left.  Like a piece that was 2 bites.  Why does someone leave a piece so small in the container?  Really?  Anyways, the kids had eaten peanut butter sandwiches for dinner and the PB was still on the counter.  I ended up eating 3 tbsp.  though I meant to just eat one.  Peanut butter is dangerous for me as once you start, I could eat a LOT of peanut butter.  Even though PB is not on the 17 Day Diet menu for the first 17 days, I still feel like this was a success.  I ate the peanut butter because I was hungry and needed food rather than just eating it because it was there and tasted good.  

***Lesson learned though - make sure to keep wise choices on hand so you won't have to just eat what is around.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Green Chile Chicken & Lime Soup Recipe

1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cartons of chicken broth or 64 oz. 
2 cans Rotel with green chilies
1 can diced tomatoes
2 - 4 oz. cans of green chilies
2 - 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 tsp. cumin**
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful of cilantro, chopped

Place onion in pan with cooking spray and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for one minute. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, cooked chicken, lime juice and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Right before serving, add chopped cilantro.

I cooked my chicken in a covered dish in the microwave. I sprinkled about a tablespoon of taco seasoning on the chicken before cooking and didn't add the cumin in the soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment