Pages

.

Baked Spiced Apple - 17 Day Diet - Day 5


 
An Apple a Day Keeps The Doctor Away

We've all heard this before. I totally believe that if everyone ate more fresh fruits and vegetables that we would need the doctor and medication much less.  Well, on the 17 Day Diet, I'm eating a lot of apples.  The 17 Day Diet is no sugar and very low carb. So apples are basically my dessert.  Eating them raw all the time is great but why not spice it up and make it even more like a dessert.  I just added a tweak of chili powder but I'm sure that I could go a little more and it would be good.  I'll be trying it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 5 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

Fruit Yogurt Smoothie
2 hard boiled eggs
Green chile chicken soup
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wrap
Chicken fajita bowl (chicken fajitas with onions, pepper and a bit of sour cream)

Looking back, I wish I had eaten more veggies.  If I had made vegetables with dinner, I would have eaten less chicken.  Not that I ate a ton but I should have eaten more veggie.    Oh well, things are still going great.





Baked Spiced Apple Recipe

1 Apple, I used fuji
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. chile powder
1 tsp. splenda 
1 tsp. lemon juice

Core apple.  Sprinkle with lemon juice.  Combine spices and splenda.  Sprinkle over apple. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until apple is tender as you like.  Mine were soft but not mush. 



No comments:

Post a Comment