Pages

.

Cowboy Cookies



After 17 days in a row of posting healthy, gluten free, low carb, low calorie meals. I thought I'd shake it up and post these cookies that are just the opposite of all that. Horrible aren't I?

I made these a long time ago.  I love making desserts, I just need to wait until there is an event in which I need to bring a dessert. 

  These are awesome cookies.  Packed tight with just about everything. 




Cowboy Cookies Recipe

3 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3 sticks butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.

Beat butter in a big bowl until smooth and creamy.  Gradually beat in sugars and continue beating to combine.  Add eggs. 1 at a time, beating after each.  Beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.  Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. 

Drop about 1/4 cup of dough (i used a bit less) onto greased cookie sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart.  Bake 10 - 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.  Remove to rack to cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment