Pages

.

Smokey Balsamic Chicken - 17 Day Diet - Day 16


 I love BBQ sauce.  What I don't like is all the sugar that comes in BBQ sauce.  I know, I could make my own which is much better but I don't always have the time for that.  This is kinda a cheating way to get the BBQ flavor, without actually having the sugary sauce.  

Liquid smoke.

I always underestimate this stuff. I've used it several times and always forget how awesome it flavors foods. This chicken is very simple and doesn't use many ingredients. It is healthy and full of flavor!  This is seriously one of my favorite ways to eat chicken!



Day 16 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

Green Chile Eggs
Apple
Yogurt
Turkey (4 oz)
Peanut butter (2 tbsp)
Yogurt
Balsamic chicken
Green beans
2 bites of baked beans

I kinda snacked today. Peanut butter has been my downfall lately.  It's like it is my dessert or something. I'm finding myself dipping in there just to get a tiny bit. Today I was hungry so I ate a bit more than just a small fingerful.  It still all worked out well.










Smokey Balsamic Chicken


2 tbsp. butter


2 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke, divided


1 medium onion, chopped


1 cup water


2 - 3 cloves garlic


2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, I used tenders


3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar


1 tbsp. brown sugar


salt and pepper



In a large pan, melt butter with 1 1/2 tsp. of the liquid smoke. Toss onions in and saute for a minutes or so. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown for about 10 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate, add garlic and one cup water to the pan, boil for about 1 minute scraping up the browned bits. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 - 30 minutes. Move chicken to one side of pan (or briefly remove), stir brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp. liquid smoke. Boil uncovered until slightly thickened. Move the chicken around in the delicious liquid to slightly caramelize on the chicken. Serve with flavored onions over the chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment