Pages

.

Stir Fry w/ Sesame Sauce - 17 Day Diet - Day 15





 So what do you do when you have a refrigerator full of vegetables and you're doing the 17 Day Diet?  Make stir fry of course.  I think I used every vegetable I had.  I just kept chopping until the pan was full.   I love how pretty and colorful it is!  I totally need to make this more often.



Day 15 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

Green Chile Eggs
Banana
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Yogurt
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Yogurt

I've been eating a lot of buffalo chicken.  I like to cook a whole bunch of chicken in the crockpot and smother it with Franks buffalo sauce.  Sometimes I'll throw a packet of ranch dressing in there.  Then I shred it, or leave it whole and have buffalo chicken in my refrigerator to eat on salad or on a lettuce wrap.





Stir Fry with Sesame Sauce Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into bite size chunks
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli
1 cup pea pods, ends trimmed
1 zucchini
1 yellow summer squash
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 red pepper
1 large onion
1 can water chestnuts
3 green onions

Sauce:
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. garlic,minced
3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup splenda or other sweetener
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. red pepper

Hot sauce, optional

Chop all the veggies into bite sized chunks. Brown the chicken in a pan with a bit of cooking spray. Add celery and carrots and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add onions and red pepper, cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies and the sauce and cook until veggies are done and sauce is thickened, about 6 - 8 minutes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment