Pages

.

Pea and Peanut Salad with Bacon and Beans




I don't make a lot of peas. The husband doesn't like peas so I just avoid them.  I couldn't resist this though when I saw the recipe.

Hubs works some evenings so I just waited until then. I don't think he even knew it existed in the house.   


I, of course, added a can of beans, to up the protein.  Oh and the bacon was oh so good in this. Bacon truly does make everything better. 


I ate this the first day on a corn tortilla as a wrap.  Then the leftovers I ate with a bit of lettuce, just as a salad.  Both were awesome and I'll make it again. When the husband works of course.  :-) 




Pea and Peanut Salad
Adapted from Taste of Home

1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen peas
3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup chopped celery
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup mayo, light
1/4 cup prepared zesty italian salad dressing
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed

Total calories = 1980 calories
11 - 1/2 cup servings
180 calories per 1/2 cup
1/2 cup with 100 calorie tortilla = 280 calorie wrap

One Year Ago...





Pizza Roll Up Burritos

This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Ultimate Recipe Swap: - Life as Mom
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Foodie Friday at Little Brick Ranch
Fresh Food Friday at LaBella Vita


No comments:

Post a Comment