Pages

.

Baked BBQ Onion Rings











I pretty much ate this whole plate of onion rings.  Well, I could have at least. I was nice and shared a few with the family.  I'm quite sure that I had the most though. 









The original recipe calls for Panko breadcrumbs and these might have crisped up more than the regular breadcrumbs.  They weren't quite as crispy as I would have liked, but hey, for a baked onion ring they were pretty awesome. 





The barbecue flavoring was incredible.









Baked BBQ Onion Rings Recipe

Adapted from Very Culinary



1 cup barbecue sauce of your choice

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 cup flour

2 cups bread crumbs (I used 1/2 regular and 1/2 whole grain)

2 - 3 medium to large onions, sliced into 1/2 in. rings



Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place two baking sheets in the oven and let those preheat too.



In a medium bowl, mix together barbeque sauce, eggs and flour.  Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl.



Dip onion slices in the bbq mixture, shake excess off and then dunk on all sides into the bread crumbs.  I use one hand for the bbq dipping and then the other hand for throwing the crumbs on the onion, this seems to be the neatest way.  Lay flat on a plate or a cool surface while waiting for the hot trays. 



Remove hot baking sheets from the oven and spray lightly with cooking spray.  Move coated onions to hot baking sheets and spray the coated onions lightly with cooking spray. 



Bake for about 8 minutes, then use tongs or a fork to turn each onion ring and bake for an additional 4 - 6 minutes, watch closely so they don't burn!





One Year Ago...

















Ice Cream in a Baggie



This is linked with:Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.



$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners

My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory

Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale

Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker

Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?

Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac

Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou

Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling

Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff

Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

Hearth & Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe

Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies

The Mommy Club at Crystal & Co.

My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks


No comments:

Post a Comment