Pages

.

Apple Whole Wheat Pancakes




Leave it to me to wait until the last day to post my Taste and Create recipe! 


This month I had the priviledge of finding the blog Study Food, where I found this wonderful recipe for Protein Pancakes



My kids LOVE pancakes and I'm always looking for an excuse to make them! 


What I loved is that they didn't even know they were healthy!  These are very filling and delicious!  The only change I would make is to add a bit of cinnamon or add a bit more nutmeg.



I did find the batter a bit thick, I just flattened it a bit in the pan before it cooked. I loved the texture!





Protein Pancake Recipe
Adapted from Study Food

1 cup oats (I used regular, not quick)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1 cup milk
1 grated apple, with skin (I used fuji)

Combine the dry ingredients in on bowl and the wet in another bowl.  Pour the wet into the dry and fold through.  Allow the batter to rest for at least 1/2 hour up to overnight. 

Heat a large pan and spray with cooking spray, cook large spoonfulls of batter until done on both sides. 

One Year Ago...










Honey Mustard Chicken with Pretzel Crust

This is linked with:

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Ultimate Recipe Swap- Life as Mom
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Fresh Food Friday at LaBella Vita
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello


No comments:

Post a Comment