Pages

.

Carrot and Potato Mash - Secret Recipe Club





It's time again for the reveal of the Secret Recipe Club recipe!!  This month I was assigned to make a recipe from Tandy's blog, Lavender and Lime.  I was intrigued by the ingredients she uses!!  She uses things that I am not used to but I found so many looking so good! I seriously have a list of things to try.  In the end, for this month, I chose something simple.  Simple but extremely delicious. 

Not only did carrots make the mashed potatoes look so much better than regular potatoes, they added a huge amount of healthiness that I loved!  They tasted great and I will make my potatoes this way more often now!



Carrot and Potato Mash
Adaped from Lavender and Lime


6 potatoes
3 large carrots
2 tbsp. butter
Milk for thinning if necessary

Peel potatoes and carrots, chop into chunks and boil or steam until soft. Mash together along with butter and milk if necessary.  You really can add more carrots or less depending on what you like. I'm not exactly sure the ratio and of course your size of carrots and potatoes will be different.  It's a very simple and versatile dish.

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners

My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth & Soul at  Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
The Mommy Club at Crystal & Co.
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks


 

No comments:

Post a Comment