Pages

.

Chipotle Chickpea Bean Salad





I can't believe I didn't snap a picture or twelve of this amazingly good salad!  I made a double batch and brought it along to a BBQ. I saved some to eat during the week but just forgot to get pictures. 

I made it very similar to the original recipe. I took her advice and added some other veggies.  It's pretty versatile and can be thrown together pretty quickly.

This was super tasty and filling, I know I'll be making it again soon!  And next time I won't forget the pictures!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


CHIPOTLE CHICKPEA SALAD
Adapted from A Veggie Venture


DRESSING
1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 or more chipotle chiles (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)



BEAN & VEGETABLE MIXTURE


1 15-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 or more tomatoes, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 cup frozen corn, thawed 
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Mix dressing together. Chop the chile finely and try to discard some seeds if possible to reduce the heat but keep the flavor.

Mix the veggies together and add the dressing.  Add some of the adobo sauce to taste, I added about a tablespoon. Be sure to taste as it does get spicy.

One Year Ago...









Southwest Squash Mac & Cheese

This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Ultimate Recipe Swap: Recipes from the Garden - Life as Mom
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Fresh Food Friday at LaBella Vita
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment