Pages

.

Adobo Steaks




We don't eat a lot of steak.  I think Hubs would eat more if HE planned the menu though.  He does rave when I make steak.  Well, I just marinate it, HE actually gets to grill it! 

This marinade was awesome! Spicy and garlicky! 

I take my whole can of chipotles with adobo sauce and puree the whole thing. I just use a few tablespoons for this marinade.  Then the rest can stay in the refrigerator for something else. 

Adobo Steaks Marinade Recipe

1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers to taste
4 (8 ounce) beef sirloin steaks
Salt and pepper to taste


1.In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce. (I puree my chipotles and adobo together and just use a few tablespoons)
2.Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
3.Preheat grill for high heat.
4.Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
One Year Ago...








Chicken Tagine in the Slow Cooker

This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu at Dining with Debbie
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Weekend Wrapup Party at Tatertots and Jello





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment