Pages

.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries



I made these for a 50th Anniversary party this summer.  They were a complete hit.

Pair juicy gorgeous strawberries with a creamy cheesecake filling and how could you NOT have a winner, right?

Originally I dipped the tops in crushed graham crackers to give it that full cheesecake taste, but then it just flattened the filling and didn't look as pretty.  Tasty though.  We opted to overstuff the strawberries with the filling and nix the graham cracker crumbs.

There were none left and everyone was asking for more so I think the guests agreed.


I also experimented with extracts in the filling.  I started with the vanilla, which of course was delicious.  Then I did some that were almond and some lemon. I think that the lemon was my favorite though most of these were vanilla as I ran out of time to do any more.

It doesn't matter how you make them, it is just important that you make them.  Trust me, you will love them!



Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Adapted from Nutmeg Nanny

1 lb. large strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (or almond or lemon extract)
Graham cracker crumbs, if desired

Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry.  I found that most of the big strawberries already had a nice hollow center so it was pretty easy.  If you want your strawberries upright, slice a bit off the bottom. 

Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with a mixer.  Add cream cheese mixture to a gallon size baggie and put in the lower corner.  Cut the corner off and pipe into the strawberries.  If desired, dip the strawberries into graham cracker crumbs. 

One Year Ago...











Saucy Veggie Meatloaf

This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Recipe of the Week: Appetizers at Family Fresh Meals
April Blog Hop: Favorite Fruit at Recipe Lion


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment