Pages

.

Southwest Rice and Beans




Rice and beans. I'm pretty sure I could eat this daily.  Basic, simple, healthy, and incredibly tasty. 

I had enough leftovers to put it in an omelette the next morning too.

I did serve shredded chicken to the meat whiners eaters in the house. I like meat, don't get me wrong, but I just don't overly think it is necessary in a meal like this. 

I was happy with my quesadilla with just the rice and beans and some sour cream and salsa. 


Southwest Rice and Beans
Adapted from Once A Month Mom

2 cups brown rice (cooked)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn
1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup shredded cheese (2 oz)

In a bowl, mix rice, beans, corn, salsa and cumin.  Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and rice is warmed through.  Sprinkly with cilantro or sour cream if desired. Serve as a side dish or on tortillas for quesadillas.

One Year Ago...








Sweet Caramelized Onion Dip



No comments:

Post a Comment