Pages

.

Quinoa Pudding





Secrets are fun, aren't they?  Well this month in the Secret Recipe Club, I was given the opportunity to make something from Gloria from Canela Kitchen.



I chose the quinoa pudding because I love quinoa and this sounded different than what I usually make. It certainly was different and absolutely delicious!!  Strangely addicting as well. It called for mushrooms but that is something we don't eat so I didn't add them. The sweetness from the raisins paired with the curry is wonderful!

 
I loved how quickly it came together. I made the quinoa ahead of time and the filling came together in a snap. When I make it again, I do think that I will increase the filling a bit, otherwise it was perfect! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Quinoa Pudding Recipe
Adapted from Canela Kitchen

Ingredients (4 servings)



2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 egg
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 teaspoon of curry powder


Filling:
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 cup onion chopped
1 medium zucchini in cubes (with the peel)
1 cups of mushrooms in slices (I didn't use)
1/3 cup of golden raisins
3 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese (I used gruyere)

In a saucepan, cook quinoa according to directions.  You'll need about 3/4 cup raw quinoa to get 2 cups of cooked, you'll have a bit extra.  Set aside and let cool.

In a bowl place the cooled cooked quinoa, egg, cream and curry powder.


Season with salt and pepper.


Stir well until the mix look like a thick cream.


Prepare the filling.


Preheat the oven 375.

In a pan heat the oil to medium heat, add the chopped onion first and then mushrooms (if using) and zucchini chopped.
saute until the veggies are softened. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and the raisins and season with salt and pepper.


Pour the filling into 4 small ramekins. Cover with the quinoa cream, I had just a bit of quinoa cream leftover.   


Bake at oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until is cooked and set.


Total calories = 1250 calories
4 servings = 313 calories per serving

This is linked with:
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Gluten Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker
Best Recipes at These Chicks Cook
Mommy Club Solutions at Crystal and Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment