Pages

.

Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole




I promise this tasted better than it looked.  It didn't really look like a crock of sewer sludge, it smelled great and looked fantastic.  Really, I promise you.

I didn't even have time to snap a picture of my plate.  It was gone before we knew it.  I LOVED the sundried tomatoes in this. They were a super tasty addition. It's very versatile, you can add anything you'd like. I think I added a few more eggs as I had a big bag of hashbrowns.  Plus, I had leftover ham in the fridge so of course that had to go in as well. 

We ate it for dinner but it would be great to put in before bed and wake to an amazing breakfast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Adapted from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

1 pkg. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (26 - 32 oz)
1 pkg. sausage, cooked and crumbled (about a pound)
8 oz. ham, chopped
1 cup (4 oz) shredded colby jack cheese
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded pepperjack cheese
1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes, drained
6 green onion, sliced
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Spray crock pot with cooking spray.  Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Top with half the sausage, cheeses, sundried tomatoes and green onion.  Repeat layering. 

Beat eggs, milk an dpepper in a large bowl with a whisk until well blended.  Pour over potato mixtures. Cook on low setting for about 6 - 8 hours or 3 - 4 on high or until eggs are set.

One Year Ago...









Southwest Roast with Baked Potatoes


This is linked with:
Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff

Hearth and Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Gluten Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker
Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks




No comments:

Post a Comment