Pages

.

Birthday Breakfast for a Beautiful Girl (and an update)


Today is my beautiful daughter's 15th birthday and she asked for breakfast in bed.  As she makes me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day and my birthdays, I could hardly refuse.

Emma asked for waffles with strawberries and strawberry sauce.  She wanted ice cream but no cream.  I added in a strawberry milkshake for good measure.  It was a lot of fun preparing Gran's tea tray with dishes, cutlery and old embroidered linen, and Em was thrilled with the result.  I think this might be the start of a new tradition in our family.

Update: I thought I should explain why I haven't been blogging lately, despite lots of blog-worthy material with Christmas approaching.  Since my last post in mid November my youngest son, Will (8) has been very sick and ended up having an emergency appendectomy on 29 November.  He is recovering well but is quite pale and thin still.

As you can imagine, I haven't had much time to visit other blogs but hope to come and 'see' you all again over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment