Pages

.

Sweet Potato Nachos




Awhile back I made some Spicy Taco Meat and Tex Mex Black Beans. I made a huge batch of both and made potato nachos one night. 

Instead of just potatoes though, I threw in a couple of sweet potatoes.  I love the flavor of the sweet potatoes and it makes the whole dish just look prettier.


The beauty of extra taco meat and beans is a lot of leftovers. I love leftovers when it means tasty meals like this!



Sweet Potato Nachos Recipe


3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 white potatoes, diced


In a large skillet, heat about 1 tbsp. oil.  Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, possibly longer.  Add salt and pepper, continue cooking, stirring occasionally until potatoes develop a crisp crust on the outside. 


Put potatoes on plate and top with desired taco toppings.  I used Spicy Taco Meat and Tex Mex Black Beans.


One Year Ago...









Southwestern Black Bean Pizza

This is linked with:
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment