Pages

.

Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken



I don't grill. I wish I did. I love eating things cooked on a grill.  They look better, they cook better and taste better.  But I don't grill.

So I pan fried these chicken pieces.  They looked kinda gross in the pan.  I also tend to overcrowd the pan so it looks like a pile of mess.  Until they start to brown up, then it gets better.  They tasted delicious, really, they did.  I do recommend that you grill them if you are able to though. 




Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken
Adapted from Simply Recipes


1 cup cashew nuts
6 tbsp. cilantro (leaves and stems)
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
Salt and pepper
2 lbs. chicken tenders (or bone in breasts or whatever)


In a food processor, add the cashews, cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, lime juce and about 2 tbsp. of water.  Blend until the mixture is a smooth paste.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Reserve a third of the marinade for serving with the chicken if desired.  Use the rest of coating the chicken.


Sprinkle your chicken with salt and pepper.  Place chicken and marinade in a large plastic baggie and marinate for several hours or overnight until ready to cook. 


Grill chicken until done. Or cheat and do what I did and just pan fry them.  Grilling would be better but they were fine pan fried. 

One Year Ago...













Butternut Squash Soup with Apples and Beans

This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Recipes and Projects at It's a Keeper
Ultimate Recipe Swap
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Gallery of Favorites at 21st Century Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment