Pages

.

Caramelized Autumn Fruit Stuffing



I'm not a huge stuffing fan. It's okay but it's not something I love or even make well. The few times I've made it, it's either not done enough or too soggy. 

But this stuffing, my friends, rocked my world.  I'm ashamed to admit how much I ate.  Well, not too ashamed. It was really worth it.



The flavors went perfect together! I used a gluten free bread but you can use whatever kind you'd like. 



Caramelized Autumn Fruit Stuffing Recipe
Adapted from How Sweet it Is

1 large butternut squash, chopped
2 apples, chopped
2 pears, chopped
5 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. cinnamon
6 - 8 slices of bread (I used gluten free)
1 tbsp. brown sugar

Add squash, apples and pears with 1 tbsp. butter in a hot pan.  Toss with cinnamon and salt. Stir a few times to coat and combine.  Let caramelize, stirring occasionally for about 15 - 20 minutes. 

While the fruit is caramelizing, toast bread. Cut into cubes that are about the same size as the fruit.  Place in a large bowl.

Once fruit is caramelized, add to a bowl with bread.  Mix to combine. 

Spoon stuffing into a 9 x 13 in. pan. Melt the remaining butter and stir in the brown sugar. Pour butter over stuffing.  Bake for about 20 minutes. 

One Year Ago...








Southwest Potato Hash

This is linked with:

$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Your Recipe My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?
Made by You at Skip to My Lou
Mangia Monday at Delightfully Dowling
Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Gluten Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker
Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
Side Dish Saturdays at Cinnamon Girl Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment