Pages

.

Smore Cookie Bars


The kids were good so I decided to bake them some treats! 


Oh, who am I kidding. These looked good, I had the ingredients and *I* wanted some!  In all fairness, I did share with the kids.


I used chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars and we had some flat marshmallows instead of mini but it all worked out well.


I loved the crispy cookie part on this. I think the graham crackers in it worked well and tasted awesome!


The only thing I would do differently next time is to make a double batch!  They went way too fast!


Smore Cookie Bars
Adapted from One Crazy Cookie

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 rectangles)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
4 1/2 oz. chocolate chips or 3 regular sized chocolate bars
2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.


Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended. Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Arrange chocolate bars or chocolate chips over the dough.  Pour the marshmallows over the top and spread to equal them out over the top. Scatter bits of the remaining dough over the marshmallows.


Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until lightly browned.

One Year Ago...











Roasted Cauliflower

This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Weekend Wrapup Party at Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment