Pages

.

Black Bean & Corn Quinoa




I'm trying to eat healthy. Really, really I am.  I'm also cutting back on wheat, hoping to eliminate it soon enough. My body treats me nicer when I avoid wheat but it can be hard because wheat products are so good! (Dang you pizza flavored Goldfish crackers!)
I've made a bunch of things with quinoa and always forget how good it is.  I forget how filling and satisfying it is.  So here is an awesome gluten free meal that I so want to make more often.


This made a lot and I enjoyed the leftovers made into an omelet for a few days after.  I've been doing that a lot, putting last nights dinner with eggs for breakfast.  It doesn't work with everything but it was perfect with this!


Black Bean & Corn Quinoa
Adapted from Holy Cannoli Recipes


1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 c. quinoa
1 1/2 c. vegetable broth (I used chicken broth)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 c. frozen corn
2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. coriander
Salt & pepper

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.

Rinse quinoa with water.  Mix quinoa into saucepan and cover with vegetable or chicken broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and coriander. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Stir frozen corn into saucepan and continue to simmer for 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the beans and serve.


One Year Ago...








Smothered Chicken & Veggies with Biscuits




No comments:

Post a Comment