Pages

.

Chipotle Burgers & Hamburger Salad



So Kelly from Kelly the Kitchen Kop posted about a hamburger salad.  I've been doing the whole gluten free thing so this intrigued me. 

However, I ended up deviating from her recipe. A lot. A whole lot.

If you want to see her ideas, check out the original recipe

I stuck with the salad idea but decided to make a chipotle mayo instead.  She recommended fried onions and they are my favorite so I stuck with those.   


Then I did something that many might find odd but I found delicious.  We had butternut squash and baked beans to go along with the hamburgers. At the last minute, I decided just to dump the beans and squash right on the salad. 

Seriously good stuff. 

Eat the burgers with a bun.  Eat it the way Kelly made it. Or invent your own way.  It's all good.



Chipotle Cheeseburgers

2 lbs. ground turkey
1 tbsp. garlic
2 tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce

Chipotle Mayonnaise:
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp. chipotle sauce

Mix ground turkey with garlic and chipotles.  Shape into 6 patties and cook until done.  Mix mayo and chipotle sauce and put on cooked burgers.  (Start with a small amount of chipotle sauce in the mayo and taste so it's not too spicy.)

Grill some onions and serve on buns, or on a salad, or however you would like. 


One Year Ago...









Rootbeer Baked Beans


This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners

Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
 Hearth & Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at SS & GF
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Works for me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family
Gluten Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker



No comments:

Post a Comment