Pages

.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers



I cheated all summer.  We ate a lot of burgers but I bought the frozen patties.  I love homemade burgers but just found myself falling for all the sales and ended up buying too many. 

I finally made some burgers that I am really proud of.  I was hesitant, I didn't think there would be enough herbs for the flavor to come through. I was wrong and they were perfect.  I loved the flavor.

I find stuffed things slightly annoying as they ooze out everywhere all the time and these were no different, but it seemed to work well and they were awesome.




Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Adapted from Taste of Home

1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
3 tsp. dijon mustard, divided
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
3 tbsp. bread crumbs (I used gluten free)
2 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
1 lb. lean ground turkey, 93%

In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 tsp. mustard, set aside.  In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard.  Crumble ground turkey over mixture and mix well. 

Shape into 8 thin patties, spoon cheese mixture onto center on four of the patties, top with remaining patties and press edges to firmly seal.  Cook burgers in pan until done.

One Year Ago...










Apple Onion Pizza


This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment