Pages

.

Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies - Crazy Cooking Club



So this month's theme for the Crazy Cooking Challenge is Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Pretty simple, right?

Well, do you know how many different kinds of chocolate chip cookie recipes there are? 

A lot.

I was trying to find something that I hadn't made before, something different. 

Bacon always works in a pinch. So bacon it was.



I certainly won't win any awards for the most beautiful cookie.  They didn't turn out very pretty.  But, with some patience, they turned out to be my new favorite cookie.

Don't eat these straight out of the oven. 

Let them cool.  I know, it will be hard but it will be worth it. 

I ate one right out of the oven and thought it was just okay, I didn't get the flavors too well.  By the end of the day though? Oh my oh my! They were superb. You could taste the bacon with hint of maple and it all came together perfectly. 

Seriously, my new favorite cookie.  :-)

Make them and they just might be yours too!





Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Noble Pig


1/2 pack of smoked bacon (she used maple, I didn't)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon maple extract
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (next time I'll use pecans)


Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate and chop finely.


In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt.


In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars; about three minutes. Add egg and maple extract and beat until just blended. Add the dry ingredients; beat until just incorporated and the flour is dissolved. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and bacon.


Drop one large Tablespoon of cookie dough 2-3 inches apart. Make sure you only do about 6 cookies on a sheet. If they spread and touch each other, you will have a mess. Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven only until the edges are brown and slightly soft in the center. Let them finish cooking out of the oven, on the pan. The edges will get too dark if you leave them in the oven. Transfer to a wire rack and let completely cool.

This is linked with Sweet as Sugar Cookies; Sweet for a Saturday
Made by you Monday at Skip to my Lou
Ingredient Spotlight: Bacon at Eat at Home


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment