Pages

.

Chicken with Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce/Salsa



Ok, so I stuck with the name BBQ sauce for this as that is what Lisa called it.  However, I would call it more of a peach salsa.  Really though, it doesn't matter what it is called.  It is awesome.  Seriously the best sauce I've made. 



I made it for the chicken the first day and we loved it. Then for the rest of the week, I proceeded to slather everything I ate with it.

I used it on salads, eggs and potatoes.  It was wonderful on just about everything.



I've actually made this twice now.  The first time I made it, it was spicier.  The batch I have in the refrigerator now is more sweet.  Both are good but I liked the spicy better.  You can adjust the amount of red pepper or tabasco to how spicy you'd like it.




Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce Recipe
Adapted from Sweet as Sugar Cookies

4 cups peaches, chopped, pitted and peeled (1 lb. 3 oz)
1 red pepper, chopped (5 oz)
1/2 onion, chopped (5 oz)
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
3/4 cup & 1 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. tabasco sauce (I used chipotle flavored)
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a large pot.  Bring to a boil then reduce to medium high heat and cook for 25 minutes. Puree with a handstick blender or carefully put in a food processor and process a few times, keeping it still slightly chunky or to desired consistency. 

One Year Ago...







Blueberry Syrup Topping for pancakes


This is linked with:

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment