Pages

.

Chinese Orange Barbecue Cashew Chicken




One thing I miss with being gluten free is eating out, especially at Asian restaurants.  Most of the things are deep fried and smothered with an amazing sauce that is oh-so-not gluten free. 

So instead, I am left to create my own amazing chicken with an amazing sauce.  I still don't deep fry my chicken but it is so flavorful that it doesn't need it.  I loved this and know I will be making it again.



Orange BBQ Cashew Chicken Recipe
Adapted from Brenda's Canadian Kitchen

2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp. ginger (I used from a jar)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 tbsp. hot sauce (I used Franks)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup cashews
4 green onions, chopped

Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray, heat pan and season chicken with salt and pepper.  Stir fry chicken until golden brown, 4 - 5 minutes. Remove meat from the pan and reserve on plate.  Add a bit more cooking spray and add the pepper, onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and stir fry for about 3 minutes. 

In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce, orange marmalade, hotsauce, soy sauce and chicken stock. 

Return the chicken to the skillet and pour in the sauce.  Add the cashews, toss to coat.  Continue cooking until the sauce thickens up a bit.  Serve with brown rice and garnish with the scallions. 

One Year Ago...









Enchilada Soup with Pumpkin

This is linked with:

Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at SS & GF
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum



No comments:

Post a Comment