Pages

.

Spicy Mexican Chorizo Torte




I don't use chorizo very often.  I try to keep myself to the leaner meats.  But this time I indulged.  And I'm so glad that I did. 


I've become completely addicted to corn tortillas. After eating whole wheat tortillas for years, I thought that giving them up would be the hardest part of going gluten free.  It turns out, I actually like them more. I've been eating them with everything.  



Spicy Mexican Torte

1 lb. chorizo sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 4 oz. can green chile, chopped
9 corn tortillas
8 oz. pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 can refried beans
1 jar roasted red peppers

In a large pan cook chorizo, onion and garlic until sausage is done.  Drain grease and stir in chilies and set aside.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly spray 8 x 8 in. pan with cooking spray.  Place 3 tortillas on the bottom, I cut one in half to cover completely.  Spread 1/3 of sausage mixture, sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese. Place red peppers on top of cheese.  Place 3 tortillas on top of cheese. Spread with 1/2 cans of beans. Top with 1/3 chorizo mixture.  Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese.  Top with 3 more corn tortillas. Top with the rest of the beans, the rest of the sausage and then remaining cheese. 

Cover and bake in oven for 40 minutes.  Uncover and bake 15 minutes more until cheese is melted and center is hot. 


One Year Ago...









Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps


This is linked with:
Lets Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on the Menu at Dining with Debbie
What's on your Plate at Good Cheap Eats
Best Recipes at These Chicks Cook
Gluten Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker
Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello




No comments:

Post a Comment