Pages

.

Apple Risotto



I feel a little embarrassed to call this a side dish.  It really is more of a dessert. 

It's apples, cider, a little butter, a little sugar. Yup.  Sounds like dessert to me. 




I loved making this, I loved smelling this and I really loved eating it.  Oh yea, I ate way too much of it.


I suggest you skip the pie and just eat more of this rice.


Apple Risotto
Adapted from Sugar Crafter

2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and diced
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used homemade)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 cup arborio rice
3/4 cup white wine
1 cup apple cider
2 1/4 cups water

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.  Add in the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and maple syrup.  Cook until softened. 

Pour in the rice and then cook 1 - 2 minutes.  Add in the wine. 

Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until the rice has absorbed most of the wine.  Continue this process with the cider and water, adding them 1/2 cup at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.  Cook until al dente and then remove from heat. 

Total calories = 1200 calories
5 servings = 240 calories per serving

One Year Ago...







Turkey & Broccoli Brunch Casserole


This is linked with:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at SS & GF

Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello
Side Dish Saturdays at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
This Weeks Cravings at Veggie Convertor
Ingredient Spotlight: Wine at Eat at Home





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment