Pages

.

Tex Mex Black Beans




So I kept seeing these Austin Style Black Beans on several blogs that looked absolutely amazing.  I wanted to make them but deviated quite a bit from the actual recipe. 


Even though I altered the recipe. They turned out amazing and we all loved them!


I made some spicy taco meat along with the beans and we used both the meat and the beans for several meals. 


They may not look the prettiest but they for sure awesome.  Not only did we have tacos, we had potato nachos and I even put the beans on my eggs in the morning!  Yes, clearly I love beans.


Tex Mex Black Beans
Adapted from Girlichef

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. chipotles in adobo, chopped or pureed
1/2 cup cilantro, divided
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 cup lime juice
Salt, to taste

Heat up large pan with cooking spray, add onion, carrot and garlic.  Cook for about 7 - 8 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients, cook for about 15 minutes.  Mash a few of the beans against the side to thicken. Stir and serve. 

One Year Ago...








Pumpkin Amish Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment