Pages

.

Sweet Potatoes and Apples in the Slow Cooker




I saw a giant box of sweet potatoes at Costco. I picked them up without knowing specifically what I'd do with them.

Then we went apple picking.  Do you know how many apples you bring home when you bring 3 kids to the apple orchard? 

A lot.

So I quickly made up a double batch of this delicious and simple crockpot side dish. 

The only problem was I think I cooked it too long.  My apples turned into applesauce.  Oh well, it was still delicious.  But if you want to see some beautiful pictures of how it is supposed to look, check out the original recipe at Eat at Home.



Sweet Potatoes & Apples in the Slow Cooker Recipe
Adapted from Eat at Home


3 sweet potatoes
4 small apples
1/4 cup apple juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

Clean, peel and chop the apples and sweet potatoes.  Put them in a crock of the slow cooker.  Stir in the apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Cook on high for about 3 hours, maybe less, until they are soft and done.

One Year Ago...







Pepperoni Pizza Pasta

This is linked with:
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at SS&GF
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Favorite Thanksgiving Meals at Family Fresh Meals
This Weeks Cravings at Veggie Converter
Side Dish Saturday at Cinnamon Girl Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment