Pages

.

Cranberry Salsa


Cranberry sauce has never been one of my favorites.  Although, my vision of cranberry sauce was the gel in the can.  Now, I know that some swear by that and love it but I never got into it.  So even when presented with a homemade cranberry sauce, I would pass.

My tastes have expanded and I have used cranberries in a number of recipes.  After seeing a number of sauces and salsa's, I decided to make one.


This homemade cranberry salsa turned out wonderful.  I used it for several things. The family ate it with ham. I ate it over my eggs the next morning.  I used it in a chicken salad that was fantastic!  It would be fantastic over cream cheese and used as an appetizer. 

I am incredibly glad I tried this and I know it will be made again. 


Cranberry Salsa
Adapted from The Teenage Taste

12 oz. fresh cranberries
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
3 tbsp. orange juice
1/2 cup sugar (I used splenda)
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine cranberries and about 4 cups of water in a sauce pan over medium high heat.  Bring to a boil and boil for 2 - 3 minutes.  Drain.

In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and cranberries.  Mix by hand, squeezing some of the berries to a pulp and leaving some whole.

Add the orange juice, sugar, salt and pepper.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

One Year Ago...







Sweet and Savory Roast

This is linked with:
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory

Works for me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Best Recipe at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.


No comments:

Post a Comment