Pages

.

Cranberry Bread - Gluten Free


I still managed to find whole cranberries after the holiday season was over.  This bread looked too good to resist.  It wasn't originally a gluten free recipe but I just subbed my gluten free flour and it turned out just fine.  Maybe a tad crumbly but it didn't stop us from devouring it in record time. 

This was a sweet bread with the slight tartness of the cranberries.  I only regret not making two loaves. 




Gluten Free Cranberry Bread Recipe
Adapted from Katie's Cucina

2 cups gluten free flour**
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
4 tbsp. butter, melted
1 - 12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries
1 tbsp. raw sugar

Grease and flour a 9 x 5 in. loaf pan.  Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.  Meanwhile combine egg, milk and butter in a small bowl.  Add wet mix to dry mix and combine thoroughly then stir in cranberries.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with raw sugar.  Bake until golden brown, about 1 hour 15 minutes.  Let cool for awhile and run a knife around pan to loosen bread.  Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.

**This is how I make my gluten free flour blend. The basic recipe is 2 cups brown rice flour; 2/3 cup potato starch and 1/3 cup tapioca flour. Combine the ingredients together and then measure out however much you need.  I keep it on hand and use as necessary.

One Year Ago...










Buffalo Chicken Shepherds Pie

This is linked with:
Made for You Monday at Skip to my Lou
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory

No comments:

Post a Comment