Pages

.

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe


I tend to forget just how much I love oatmeal.  My brother eats it every morning and I often think, "I should eat more oatmeal..."  Yet, I usually just stick with my morning eggs.
I think I held onto this recipe for a long time before making it.  I don't know what took me so long, it was so good.  Really, really good.


The pecans made it seem almost pie like and just decadant.  I loved the taste, loved the texture and I totally need to make it again. 



Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
Adapted from Veronica's Cornicopia

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup apple cider
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray deep dish pie plate or an 8 x 8 in. pan with oil, set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, apple cider, eggs, milk, honey, maple syrup, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth.  Stir in oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda.

Pour into dish and sprinkle with pecans.  Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until set. Serve with hot maple syrup or honey if desired.

Total calories = 1500 calories
9 servings = 167 calories per serving

Two Years Ago...









Southwestern Chicken Wraps

This is linked with:
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Best Recipe at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Recipe of the Week: Brunch at Family Fresh Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment