Pages

.

White Bean, Wild Rice & Almond Burgers


My husband refused to call these burgers. He said they aren't considered burgers unless they can go on a grill. Pffft!  So they may be a little flimsy for the grill, they tasted awesome and were the best bean veggie burgers I've made. 



If you have a food processor, these will be a snap.  I pureed everything but the rice and the texture was perfect. 


I was wondering if they would need an egg binder but they held together quite nicely.  The beans smushed everything together perfectly. 



They were a little dry so I did add some salsa to the burger.  They really tasted good though and I for sure will make them again. 

This is Day 13 of 30 Days of Vegan recipes.  Seriously, with burgers like this, I don't think I ever need to eat meat again.  





White Bean, Wild Rice & Almond Burgers Recipe

1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
1 cup red onions, finely chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup raw almonds, lightly toasted
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed

Combine rice and 2 cups water in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain any excess water. 

While rice is cooking, water saute onions, celery and garlic over low flame for about 10 minutes or until tender. I used my food processor for the veggies to get them really small. Stir often and let water steam off. Stir in basil, salt and pepper. 

Finely chop almonds in food processor.  Add beans and process until beans are pureed and mixture is well combined.  Place in a bowl and stir in wild rice and onion mixture. 

Form into burgers. If mixture is too wet, a small amount of whole grain bread crumbs or oats may be added.  I didn't need any.  Place burgers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turning carefully after 20 minutes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment