Pages

.

Orange Squash


I always seem to have some sort of squash on my counter.  Today I had a butternut squash and spaghetti squash. Butternut squash is perfect just plain, it really doesn't need anything. Spaghetti squash is more on the plain side and does need some perking up.  While I mostly eat my butternut squash plain, today I added a bit of flavor. It is a subtle flavor. You just get a bit of the orange flavor and it is delicious. 

I ate this with some Chipotle Black Beans and some rice. Normally I would have liked to add more green to my plate but I'd had a lot of green earlier in the day so I was okay with it. 

I did overcook caramelize this just a bit this time. The sauce got thicker and darker but still tasted great. 




This is Day 5 of 30 days of vegan recipes.  I'm not finding this challenge too hard.  The only thing I need to remember is not to eat leftovers off my kids plates.  I usually tend to finish the last couple bites of their omelet or eat a bite of cheese as I'm cutting it for them.  I've stopped that and it's starting a good habit for me.  

Having trouble sleeping?  Dry tongue?  Elena from Vegalicious has some great thought about these symptoms and Magnesium. 




Orange Squash Recipe

1 medium squash, about 1 1/2 lbs. I used butternut squash
2/3 cup water
3 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
1/2 tsp. ginger

Peel and seed squash.  Cut into 1/2 in. pieces. In a large saucepan, add squash, water, orange juice and ginger.  Simmer about 20 minutes until the squash is tender, stirring often to combine the flavors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment