Pages

.

Green Beans with Onions and Red Peppers



The farmers market is just beautiful this time of year.  The colors, the freshness, it's overwhelming. I usually walk through twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything.  The green beans caught my eye this time. It had been awhile since we've had them.  The onions there were just huge and the peppers came in every color.  


This might not be the most amazing recipe or the most complex but it was delicious. Delicious in it's simplicity.  I love just tasting the freshness with every bite. I had to post it just as a reminder to me to make it more often. 




Green Beans with Onions and Red Peppers

Green Beans, fresh or frozen, about 1 1/2 lbs. 
Onions, 1 large
Red Pepper, 1 large
Salt and pepper

Water saute onion and pepper for 4 - 5 minutes.  Throw in green beans and cook until still crisp tender. 



No comments:

Post a Comment