Pages

.

Guacamole




I can't believe I didn't used to like guacamole.  I had only had guacamole from restaurants and it just wasn't every any good. So for many years, I thought I didn't like guacamole. Or even avocados. I avoided them for so, so many years.  I use them so much now, I feel like I am making up for lost time. I love this guacamole and make it often. Sometimes I add red pepper, sometimes some cayenne for heat. 



I am doing 30 days of vegan recipes this month.  Elena from Vegalicious will be helping along the way. She has an awesome 30 day Body By Plans Boot Camp

I figured guacamole would be a good way to start as I am sure that some of my recipes I'll be making will include guacamole.  

I am eating healthy vegan. I once watched a documentary about 3 people who were going to eat vegan for 6 weeks and were thrilled that Oreos were vegan. Uh, there will be no Oreos this month.  Low salt, no sugar, low oils, no processed foods.  Healthy vegan.  

I am fairly new to this so if you notice a mistake somewhere or a recipe that is NOT vegan, feel free to let me know.  



Guacamole Recipe

  • 2 large avocados, mashed
  • 1 garlic clove, finely diced
  • 1 lime, juice
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
  • 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Mix everything and serve. 
  2. Or, what I like to do sometimes. I throw the avocado, garlic and jalapeno in the food processor and get it all smooth. Then I throw the rest of the ingredients and stir.  

No comments:

Post a Comment