Pages

.

Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos


Pineapple is probably my favorite fruit.  I love fresh pineapple. I love it grilled. It's awesome on pizzas.  So why not in tacos?  


Pair the sweet pineapple with the spicy green chiles and salsa and you have a pan full of deliciousness. 


I love having leftovers in the refrigerator.  If I have something nummy and cooked, it leads to less snacking on stuff that I shouldn't eat. I made a double batch of this so we'll have it for awhile.  It freezes nicely too. 

I ate these as tacos on corn tortillas. One night I put it over brown rice with a bit of avocado. 

I also put it on corn tortillas with some garlic refried beans as tostados.  


This is day 16 of 30 Days of Vegan Recipes. Seriously, with food like this, it is not tough at all. 




Bean & Pineapple Tacos

2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
2 cups salsa or a 16 oz. jar
1 can chopped green chiles
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes and avocado

In a large pan, saute onion and red pepper in water until tender. Add the zucchini and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add the pineapple, salsa, chiles and beans and heat through.  Stir in cilantro.  Place 1/3 cup filling on one corn tortilla.  Add toppings as desired.  




No comments:

Post a Comment