Pages

.

Quinoa Coated Baked Chicken Parmesan


I love quinoa but don't make it often enough.  I've been looking for different ways to use it. I thought it was a great breading for this chicken.  I was impressed how crispy it became in the oven.  


Not everyone here are so gung ho on quinoa though.  They'll eat it but they are still trying to get used to it. My husband came home from work, looked at the chicken and asked what was on it.  I told him to, "Shut up, and just eat it!" He did and he loved it.  


I already have ideas for how to make different versions of this breading.  Can't wait to try them out!  

What do you like to use quinoa for? 



Quinoa Coated Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe

  • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free)
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup liquid)
  • 2 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
  • 1 cup mozzarella, sliced
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • Marinara sauce

  • Mix cooked quinoa and italian seasoning in a small bowl.  Put flour in a small bowl and eggs in a small bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. dip in flour, dip in egg and coat in the quinoa mixture. Place the chicken on a pan coated with foil and bake at 400 degrees until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, top with the cheese and a bit of sauce and broil until it has melted, about 2-4 minutes. Add more sauce while eating if desired. 



No comments:

Post a Comment