Pages

.

Scrumptious Shrimp Scampi





We love shrimp. The whole family does.  But we don't eat it too often.  We go to Red Lobster once a year for all you can eat shrimp and then have the occasional shrimp basket at Culvers.   I never make it.  Weird, huh.

This month for The Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned Danielle's blog Hugs & CookiesXOXO. Now, if you're familiar with Danielle's blog, you'll know that she has the most fabulous treats.  Her pictures are completely mouthwatering. I just went back there again and saw Deep Fried Snickers Bars. We have a private joke around here, every time I make something really healthy, the family says, "I'll bet deep fried snickers bars are better!" 


I drooled looked at tons of Danielle's tasty treats.  Then I saw her Scrumptious Shrimp That Will Knock Your Socks Off!!  The title alone just grabbed me!  I knew right away that it was high time that I made shrimp scampi for the family.  

This was super easy to make and the whole family loved it. My shrimp loving son probably ate half of it and continues to request that I make more.  She also has a Coconut Shrimp that looks amazing. 




Scrumptious Shrimp Scampi
Adapted from Hugs & CookiesXOXO

1 stick of butter
2 lbs. shrimp, deshelled and deveined (thawed and dried)
Sea salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, turmeric
1 1/2 lemons, thinly sliced

Directions: 
1. Line a baking pan (with sides) with nonstick foil.
2.  Lay the butter on the pan and place in the oven until melted, 3-4 mins.
3. Remove and lay lemon slices on the pan.
4.  Place the shrimp on the lemon slices.  Season with the above spices evenly & generously and then flip and season the other side.
5.  Bake at 350 for 10 mins.  Flip shrimp over and bake another 10 minutes or until fully cooked through.  Serve over pasta or rice using the rest of the lemon/butter sauce in the pan!










No comments:

Post a Comment