Pages

.

Jalapeno Cornbread



We make cornbread a lot around here.  My son loves to make those little boxes of Jiffy muffins.  I'm sure he makes a box weekly.  I love cornbread because it's easy to make it gluten free.  There isn't a lot of gluten free bread that I like but I love corn bread.  

Cornbread just seems to go with a lot of meals too.  Chili and cornbread of course is awesome but I make it with plenty of other soups as well.  It also goes well with many other Mexican or southwestern meals.  The kids don't like the jalapenos in it as much as I do but they still eat it.  

What do you eat cornbread with?  




Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe

1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil or butter
2 eggs
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour, I used gluten free
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced

Mix the buttermilk, oil and eggs in a bowl.  Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Mix the cornmeal mixture into the buttermilk mixture.  Mix minced peppers into the mixture and pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 375 for 30 - 40 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment