Pages

.

Zucchini Cheese Soup




I make a lot of Reeni's recipes, don't I? I can't help it. Her photographs captivate me and pretty soon I'm bookmarking all her recipes. 

She'll be the one next to me, buying zucchini in the grocery store in winter for a recipe like this. 

I might have added a bit much cheese. I added quite a bit and it got really thick.  I happen to love thick soup and I love cheese so I am okay with that. 


Zucchini Cheese Soup Recipe
Adapted from Cinnamon Girl Recipes

1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper
2 large zucchini (I used 5 small ones)
2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
4 oz. cheddar cheese
2 oz. swiss cheese (this I just added it because it was in the fridge)

Peel and dice zucchini and set aside.

Add 1 tbsp. oil (or bacon grease) to a hot large pan, add onion, carrot and celery, saute until tender, about 5 - 10 minutes, stirring often.  Add garlic, basil and salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes.  Add zucchini and broth and simmer for about 15 minutes. 

Turn off heat, puree soup with an immersion blender or a food processor.  Return to pan and add cheese, stir until melted and creamy. 
5 cups of soup
185 calories per cup

TwoYears Ago...









Chicken Pasta and Veggie Salad

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker  
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?
Made by You at Skip to My Lou



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment