Pages

.

Butternut Squash Quinoa Stuffing


Confession; I am don't like traditional stuffing. Or dressing, whatever you'd like to call it.  The soggy bread thing just never rocked my boat.  Must be a texture thing. 
Then I found this recipe and it just changed everything. I love quinoa and as you can tell by the plethora of squash recipes on my blog; I completely am in love with squash.



The big chunks of squash paired with the pecans is wonderful. The flavor is excellent and the raisins bring out that touch of sweetness that is irresistible.  Even if you don't like raisins, don't skip them.  The golden raisins pretty much disappear but that sweetness stays.

No more soggy bread for me, this is a stuffing recipe that I will make again and again.



Butternut Squash Quinoa Stuffing
Adapted from Veggie Converter

1small butternut squash, about 1 lb., peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 cups quinoa, rinsed
2 cups chicken or veggie broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins (or craisins)

Cook squash in a pan with a bit of water until soft. Or roast in oven until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Bring the broth to a boil and add the rinsed quinoa. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until quinoa sprouts are showing and most of the liquid is absorbed.

Meanwhile, cook chopped onion in a bit of cooking spray in a pan until soft. Mix balsamic vinegar and italian seasoning.  Add squash, onions and quinoa and mix.  Mix chopped nuts and raisins.  Pour into an 8 x 8 in. pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through.  Fluff with a fork and serve. 

One Year Ago...











Chicken Tortilla Casserole

This is linked with:

$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey's What's for Dinner, Mom?
Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks


No comments:

Post a Comment