Pages

.

Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bars





Butterfingers are probably my favorite candy bar. It is my choice for ice cream toppings and blizzards too.


Is there still candy corn around?  I know it's more of a Halloween candy but I think they still sell it in the bulk aisle.


I've seen this recipe floating around a lot. I was skeptical.  Candy corn and peanut butter?  Really?  How on earth could that taste like a butterfinger candy bar.  I'm not really even a fan of candy corn.


Well, they didn't make the prettiest bars in the world but they DID taste like butterfingers!  The texture was not the same but it was still strangely similar.  If you haven't tried these, I highly suggest trying them.  This was a super simple recipe and incredibly delicious.


Homemade Butterfingers Recipe

1 lb Candy Corn
16 oz jar of Peanut Butter
16 oz pkg of chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave for a minute. Stir and continue in microwave at 15 sec, stirring each time. Once melted stir in peanutbutter. Spread mixture in an 8 x 8 pan with a parchment lining. Cool completely and cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate and lay on wax paper to set.


One Year Ago...











Italian Zucchini with Tomatoes



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment