Pages

.

Things to Do with Lavender

After my post about the winter-flowering lavender in my garden, Tanya asked for ideas for things to do with lavender.

Here are my suggestions.

The best thing to do with lavender is enjoy its presence in your garden and its scent as you brush past..  

If you must cut it back, you could make lavender sachets to scent your drawers and deter moths, or if you're lazy like me you could make lavender socks.  Lavender is also an important component of homemade potpourri.
If you are sure your lavender has not been sprayed you could make lavender tea.

If you are a bath-lover, you could make old-fashioned aromatic bath oil for your bath.

If you like your linen lavender-scented, you could make a bottle of luscious lavender linen water.

If you don't have fresh lavender but like lavender essential oil, you could use it to scent homemade multipurpose cleaner, or use it in an oil burner.

If you are a soap maker you could make a batch of lavender soap.

Some people make lavender scones - but they don't appeal to me very much.  I don't really like the idea of eating lavender.


That's all I can think of.  What else could you do with lavender?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment