Pages

.

Weekend Project: Bookcase for a Girl's Bedroom


After five months living in this house I decided it was time I bought my daughter a bookcase.  The poor kid still had a packing box in her room because she didn't have anywhere to put her books.

On visiting our local furniture store I was amazed to find that unstained bookcases were $75 less than the stained ones.   Knowing that there were several pots of paint in the back of the garage left by the previous owners, the decision to paint ourselves was a pretty easy one.

Good girl that she is, my daughter painted the bookcase herself as a weekend project.  The first coat of paint went on yesterday and the second today.  I l.o.v.e. having kids who are old enough to do these sorts of things for themselves!

Once the paint dried, the fun part began - decorating!  I wasn't allowed to help.  The door was shut and Miss 13 set to work. (I did peek in through the window to see what she was up to.)

Do you like the results?



  Our next project will be the bedside table below.  We found it by the side of the road during a hard rubbish collection and have been planning to fix it up for ages.  We're going to paint it and add new knobs.

I'll post some pictures when we're done..




No comments:

Post a Comment