Pages

.

Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich



More avocado you say?  Heck yea!  I haven't met a chicken salad that I haven't liked.  This one totally lived up to expectation!

I gave my husband one of these sandwiches for lunch.  He came home and said he was a bit scared of the green sandwich at first but loved it and asked for more.


I couldn't help but eat this with my delicious Garlic Aioli. That and some organic romaine lettuce and it was perfect.  


I don't eat too many sandwiches as I haven't found a gluten free bread that I love.  This loaf was from a box, I don't remember what brand. I do know that I added some garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the bread and it turned out delicious!



Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
Adapted from Family Fresh Meals

2 cups shredded chicken
1 avocado, chopped in chunks
1 tbsp. onion, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. cilantro
1/4 cup mayo, light
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate. Serve with lettuce and Garlic Aioli if desired.  It's awesome, you totally should!



No comments:

Post a Comment